Fantasy Island – Kitchen Island That Is!
Converging at the kitchen island might as well be a national pastime. Whether visiting with a couple of friends over coffee or drinks or hosting a large family holiday gathering, the island is the place everyone is drawn to. We prepare meals, have conversations, and celebrate occasions on and over its surface. In addition, we toss a myriad of items onto it throughout a busy week. While often the workhorse, it is also often underappreciated. That being said, it’s time to shine a light on one of the most used pieces in a home.
Custom cabinetry paint colors make a kitchen totally unique!
Unique Ideas for Custom Kitchen Islands:
- Paint custom cabinetry to look like an Asian antique.
- An industrial kitchen workspace with cement or stainless steel counters and counter-height bench seating.
- Be square – custom islands don’t have to be a specific shape. Make it a curve, or as thin as needed for your space.
- Put it on wheels to make a mobile kitchen island and increase functionality.
- Every day feels like a vacation in a French Country inspired cooking space with iconic style.
- Make it a waterfall top, on one end or both – simple, effortless elegance.
- Use glass doors on some of the storage cabinets or include some open shelving.
- Add a built-on table or breakfast nook with benches to one end. Better yet – add a bar to one side.
- Supersize your island – in width and or length. Or add a second island with a different aesthetic.
- Combine colors and materials, for example, sleek white cabinets with a rustic wood kitchen island.
- Take advantage of custom island built-in features like specialty drawers, or to hide trash bins and microwaves.
- Add legs to the ends to create a huge dining table effect – and could be used as one if designed correctly.
- Go BOLD with color: nautical blue, sunny yellow, vibrant red, or absolutely any green. Perfection!
- Add plenty of kitchen seating for entertaining and family gatherings.
Make it beachy, coastal, New York or Texas, ultra-modern or sophisticated traditional, large or small, masculine or feminine – but make it all yours.
Check out more inspirational kitchen designs!